ABOUT SEAQIS US
Teachers and education personnel are being asked to equip students with competencies they need to become active citizens and workers in the 21st century. Thus the challenge is to strengthen the competencies needed by all teachers and education personnel for effective learning. The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) attempts to overcome this challenge by establishing a regional Centre for Quality Improvement of Teacher and Education Personnel (QITEP) in Science.
To be the Centre of excellence in professional development of teachers and education personnel in science towards sustainable development in Southeast Asia.
- Providing relevant and quality programmes in professional development for science teachers and education personnel in Southeast Asia.
- Conducting research and development on science education, school management, public policy, and other relevant fields.
- Broadening and strengthening network through resource and information sharing to support the Centre’s visibility and leadership.
- Providing the current, excellent, and relevant data and information in science education as reference for policy makers.
- Improving the quality of the Centre’s resource management to provide service excellence.
Quality is the first and the main consideration for the Centre’s staff in carrying out their duty.
All staff are expected to be able to make themselves empowered and become lifelong learners so they can empower others.
Professionalism means that every staff performs their job corresponding to their skills and special abilities and using intellectual-based techniques and procedures. Every staff is required to have high integrity, capabilities, discipline, qualified skills and knowledge to implement the Centre’s vision and missions.