The 3rd Ki Hajar Dewantara Award
About the event
Acknowledgment of teachers’ dedication in bringing and elevating a nation through excellent education process is necessity. SEAMEO QITEP in Science (SEAQIS) as a regional institution that focused on improvement of science teacher performance has been called to give appreciation to tireless efforts of teacher in shaping a nation. As an effort in appreciating science teachers’ dedication, SEAQIS initiated a programme to acknowledge science teachers’ dedication and tireless efforts in bringing science learning into the excellent level.
The programme is called the Ki Hajar Dewantara Award. This concept derives from the inspiration of the founding father of National Education, the late Ki Hajar Dewantara for his unceasing commitment to make education a contribution towards human liberation. The award will be presented to the best of the 11 selected best science teachers as the nominees, representing each SEAMEO member country, in the form of travel grants as a privilege to attend the inauguration of the award.
The nominees of the award are selected based on their outstanding achievements, contribution, and dedication in science education as well as their innovations which are written in papers. During the award, one nominee from each SEAMEO Member Country is requested to present their papers. Their presentations will be assessed by board of judges to select three KHD Award winners.
The purposes of this award are:
- to commemorate the services of Ki Hajar Dewantara in forming national education system in both philosophy and practices;
- to develop, advocate and reward excellence in science learning and teaching practices that contributes to the students’ learning experience and outcomes;
- to reinforce the concept of the teaching profession and science education development as a driving force in the regional progress leading collectively to prosperity and peace to the ASEAN Economic Community;
- to foster cooperation and close relationships among SEAMEO Member Countries by means of better science education and a greater awareness of the place of science in society.
Date and Venue
The third Ki Hajar Dewantara Award will be conducted on 17 November 2021 in Bandung.
The theme of this year’s Ki Hajar Dewantara Award is Innovation in Science Teaching and Learning towards Industrial Revolution 4.0.
download these files for the complete instruction
*2018 KHD Winners
The nominees of the Ki Hajar Dewantara Award are 11 best science teachers from SEAMEO Member Countries who have outstanding achievements, contribution, and dedication in science education as well as innovations in science teaching and learning process.
In selecting the winners of the Ki Hajar Dewantara Award, the selection mechanism is described in the following steps.
- During the KHD Award session, the assessment of the presentation of one representative from each SEAMEO member country will be done by the group of jurors.
- The chosen presentation will be acknowledged as the winner and will be inaugurated as the Regional Best Science teacher, receiving the Second Ki Hajar Dewantara Award.
What will you get?
The Awards for the winners are comprised of:
- The Trophy.
- A Certificate.
- A Teacher Professional Development Fund sum of USD 5,000 for the first winner, USD 2,500 for the second place, and USD 1,000 for third place. The first winner of the Award will be inaugurated in the SEAMEO High Officials Meeting. The cost of travel is part of the prize.
Get In touch
available from 07:30 – 16:00